Planning your Bradford trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Bradford such as events and attractions, to make your Bradford visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Bradford, you’ll find everything you need for your Bradford holiday on Whats On In Bradford.com. Our What’s On Bradford guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Bradford – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Bradford by checking out our Bradford News and Events Calendar page.
See what's on in Bradford. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Bradford will play a central role in a £50 million ‘Investment Zone” planned for West Yorkshire. Bradford Telegraph and Argus | Bradford | News…
Water companies could be fined up to a 10th of their turnover for poor customer service – under new powers. Bradford Telegraph and Argus | Bradford | News…
The redevelopment of a former builders’ yard in a village centre will create 23 jobs, councillors have been told. Bradford Telegraph and Argus | Bradford | News…
THE Bradford Chamber of Commerce is backing a call for the rate of VAT to be reduced for businesses in the hospitality sector. Bradford Telegraph and Argus | Bradford | News…
A HAWORTH barbers is a cut above – and that’s official! Bradford Telegraph and Argus | Bradford | News…
1 2 3 … 7 Next »
Bradford Telegraph and Argus | News
- Stolen vehicle found in Bradford is reunited with owneron 4th March 2024 at 8:27 pm
Police have helped to reunite a stolen vehicle with its rightful owner.
- Armed police swoop on Bradford city centre after 'weapons' reporton 4th March 2024 at 7:00 pm
ARMED police swooped on Bradford city centre following reports of "males with weapons" today.
- Stalker made hundreds of calls to woman, Bradford court hearson 4th March 2024 at 6:06 pm
A man who stalked a woman, made hundreds of calls to her phone, sent abusive messages, and even impersonated a police officer to harass her has been sharply criticised by a judge at Bradford Crown Court.
- Former Bradford youth centre is hit by another blazeon 4th March 2024 at 5:06 pm
A former youth and community centre has been hit by another fire.
- Bradford's NCP car park demolition underway as each floor taken aparton 4th March 2024 at 4:56 pm
The demolition of the former NCP car park on Hall Ings in Bradford city centre is now well underway.
the guardian Bradford
- John Barratt obituaryby Lily Barratt on 28th December 2023 at 4:43 pm
My grandfather, John Barratt, who has died aged 89, was a local government leader who served as chief executive of Cambridgeshire county council. When he took on that newly created role in 1973, he was the youngest council chief executive in Britain at 40. He served until 1986, including a secondment to Zimbabwe in 1980 to oversee local elections following the end of white minority rule in what was then Rhodesia.After his retirement from the council, he led numerous public inquiries, notably […]
- The week in classical: The Barber of Seville; Apartment House – reviewby Fiona Maddocks on 2nd December 2023 at 12:30 pm
St George’s Hall, Bradford; St Paul’s Hall, HuddersfieldIan McMillan’s Rossini in ‘proper Yorkshire’ flummoxes and charms, while Huddersfield clings on at the cliff edge of experiment“Hod on theer!/ What’s all this fuddle/ Would yore mind tellin?/ What’s all this shartin/ Rawpin and screamin?” This is Rossini refracted through Yorkshire dialect via the poet and broadcaster Ian McMillan. His skilful adaptation of The Barber of Seville, written for Bradford as part of a new […]
- ‘We don’t have a choice’: Bradford’s rough sleepers dismayed by Braverman’s tent attackby Robyn Vinter, North of England correspondent on 7th November 2023 at 2:31 pm
As home secretary rails against homeless people’s ‘lifestyle choice’, those on the streets say their tents are instead a lifelineThis is the first time Nicky Hudson has lived on the streets, and she is not doing well. She has been sleeping for the past couple of weeks in a tent underneath railway arches at Forster Square in Bradford, West Yorkshire.The arches are home to about a dozen people, sleeping in tents, mostly in camps of two or three, split across five arches. It is the most […]
- Fay Kramrisch obituaryby Irene Blaston on 20th October 2023 at 4:20 pm
My cousin Fay Kramrisch, who has died aged 98, was a much-loved figure in education around Bradford in West Yorkshire, where many a senior local dignitary referred to her affectionately as “Auntie Fay”.A teacher in Bradford, Fay served on various education-related committees across the city, including as president and treasurer of the Bradford Schools Athletic Association and secretary of the Bradford Schools Drama Committee. She also volunteered as a youth leader. Continue reading...
- Reader, they lived there: campaign to save Brontës’ Bradford birthplace as it goes on saleby David Barnett on 14th October 2023 at 3:00 pm
A crowdfunding drive led by TV presenter Christa Ackroyd aims to make the first home of the literary siblings a tourist destination and source of inspirationAround a million visitors a year beat a path to Haworth, the small West Yorkshire town nestling in the windy moors of the Worth Valley – mainly to see the home of the Brontë sisters.The house that writers Charlotte, Anne and Emily shared with their father, church minister Patrick, and their wayward brother, Branwell, is a major tourist […]
- Feed has no items.
Bradford wiltshire times
- Dorothy House Hospice calls for more support and volunteerson 4th March 2024 at 3:00 pm
A local hospice is calling for more volunteers to support its free care to people with life-limiting illnesses, and their families.
- A363 crash: Traffic at standstill near Bradford on Avonon 3rd March 2024 at 9:42 am
A crash has taken place on the A363 just outside of Bradford on Avon which has brought traffic to a halt.
- Trowbridge train station ticket office closed 'until further notice'on 2nd March 2024 at 5:00 am
Rail passengers travelling from Trowbridge are being urged to buy tickets online, on the train or from Bradford on Avon station.
- First Bus service to link Trowbridge, Bradford on Avon and Bathon 29th February 2024 at 3:45 pm
A new bus service is to be launched in April to provide faster connections between Trowbridge and Bradford on Avon and Bath.
- Freshford road closed to traffic due to flood damageon 22nd February 2024 at 5:00 am
Community bus services and commuters in Wiltshire and Bath are facing disruption after flood damage to a road through Freshford.