Planning your Bradford trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Bradford such as events and attractions, to make your Bradford visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Bradford, you’ll find everything you need for your Bradford holiday on Whats On In Bradford.com. Our What’s On Bradford guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Bradford – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Bradford by checking out our Bradford News and Events Calendar page.
See what's on in Bradford. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Details Africa State of Mind presents the work of a new generation of photographers from across the African continent. Curated by the…
Details Haworth’s Annual 1940s nostalgic 2 day event, come along and soak up the brilliant atmosphere, enter into the spirit of the…
Details David (2017) by Catherine Opie, photographic print, edition of 5, lent from private collection. Catherine Opie is considered one of…
We’re unlocking the gates to the brewery and inviting you, our beer fans, to discover the wonderful world of hand-crafted beers! Guided…
The University of Bradford’s online MBA has jumped into another top 10 ranking securing its position as one of the best in…
« Previous 1 … 12 13 14
Bradford Telegraph and Argus | News
- Decision due on plans to create 20mph zone and install traffic calming on Great Horton Roadon 18th June 2021 at 2:00 am
COUNCILLORS will decide whether to implement a 20mph zone, including new traffic calming measures, on one of Bradford’s busiest roads.
- Reader comment: 'Footballers taking the knee could increase tensions'on 17th June 2021 at 7:00 pm
SIR - The delayed Euro 2020 tournament resembles a victim of the Wraith in Stargate Atlantis. It's had the life sucked out of it by pandemic and politics.
- Bradford writer seeks pals' families for holiday bookon 17th June 2021 at 7:00 pm
BRADFORD author Derek AJ Lister is trying to contact the families of two friends for a book he's working on.
- Rise in number of Bradford hospital patients with Covid-19, figures showon 17th June 2021 at 6:15 pm
THE number of hospital patients in Bradford who have tested positive for Covid-19 has risen on last week, figures show.
- THURSDAY's area by area breakdown of Bradford Covid-19 caseson 17th June 2021 at 6:10 pm
HERE is Thursday's latest breakdown, area-by-area, of confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Bradford.
the guardian Bradford
- Joe Mercer obituaryby Sean Magee on 23rd May 2021 at 2:44 pm
Leading British jockey of his generation hailed as the great stylist of the weighing roomThe jockey Joe Mercer, who has died aged 86 of a heart attack, rode 2,810 winners in Britain between 1950 and 1985. Beyond that bare statistic is a list of stellar horses, notably the incomparable Brigadier Gerard, who ran in 18 races between 1970 and 1972 and was beaten only once. Riding Bustino against Grundy at Ascot in July 1975, Mercer played a leading role in a contest that still brings tears to […]
- Plans for expansion of Leeds Bradford airport put on holdby Helen Pidd on 6th April 2021 at 6:38 pm
Climate campaigners say they have been told government is preventing the granting of planning permission The expansion of Leeds Bradford airport has been put on hold after the government paused plans to build a new terminal building on the green belt. The plans were given conditional approval by Leeds city council in February despite widespread opposition from local MPs, residents and environmental groups. Pressure on the UK as Cop26 approaches Continue reading...
- International climate scientists join call to halt Leeds Bradford airport expansionby Matthew Taylor on 4th March 2021 at 2:47 pm
Academics write to Robert Jenrick predicting dire consequences for climate crisis if plans go ahead Leading international climate scientists are among more than 200 academics who have written to the government calling on it to halt what they say would be an ecologically destructive expansion of Leeds Bradford airport. Almost 250 professors, academics and researchers from Leeds University, including two of the lead authors of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) […]
- Government under pressure to stop Leeds Bradford airport expansionby Matthew Taylor on 25th February 2021 at 4:00 pm
Critics say plan would wreck efforts to tackle climate crisis and undermine UK credibility ahead of Cop26 The government is under growing pressure to halt a proposed expansion of Leeds Bradford airport, which critics say would wreck efforts to tackle the ecological crisis and undermine the government’s credibility ahead of a key climate conference later this year. The expansion plans, which would support an increase in passengers from 4 to 7 million people a year by 2030, were given […]
- Why Leicester, Blackburn and Bradford have been hit hard by Covidby Ian Johnston on 17th February 2021 at 7:00 pm
Leaders blame social inequalities, mistrust, and failures of test-and-trace system England’s poorest areas hit by Covid ‘perfect storm’ – leaked report Coronavirus – latest updates See all our coronavirus coverage Leicester’s deputy mayor, Sarah Russell, sees a pattern in the latest data on the spread of coronavirus in the city. “We don’t get the peaks of other places but we take a longer time coming back down,” she says. In some parts of the country, it is a familiar […]
- All adults in North East and Yorkshire region invited for lifesaving jab in final pushby bradfordzone on 17th June 2021 at 10:36 pm
All adults in the North East and Yorkshire region can now book themselves in for their Covid jab. Dr Yvette Oade, NHS Regional Clinical Lead for Covid Vaccination in North East and Yorkshire welcomed the moment and said it is just as vital to get your jab now as it was on day one. NHS The post All adults in North East and Yorkshire region invited for lifesaving jab in final push appeared first on Bradford Zone.
- Bradford Pride Day makes its welcome return to the city this Saturdayby bradfordzone on 17th June 2021 at 2:20 pm
Bradford Pride Day makes its welcome return to the city this Saturday with a special hybrid event available both online and in-person. Many Bradford Pride favourites will appear in this celebration of the district’s LGBTQ+ culture. As always, Pride will feature a host of fabulous entertainers, comedy, and tribute acts all coming together for a The post Bradford Pride Day makes its welcome return to the city this Saturday appeared first on Bradford Zone.
- New library management system for Bradford Librariesby bradfordzone on 17th June 2021 at 2:03 pm
Bradford Libraries will be going live with a new upgraded Library Management System, Symphony, on Thursday, 24 June. The system is the backbone of the Service, providing the library catalogue, stock circulation, and easy to use features for library customers. ‘Enterprise’ is the new Online Public Access Catalogue. This is where library customers can search The post New library management system for Bradford Libraries appeared first on Bradford Zone.
- COVID delayed your decision about university? Plan now for Clearing!by bradfordzone on 17th June 2021 at 1:57 pm
COVID has caused many young people to delay thinking about their future. But as the prospect of freedom slowly returns, they are starting to get serious about what happens next. Exams were cancelled this year making way for teachers to determine students’ grades, A-level results are out August 10th. So, if you’ve left it until The post COVID delayed your decision about university? Plan now for Clearing! appeared first on Bradford Zone.
Bradford wiltshire times
- Jobs could be lost as Argos Extra store in Trowbridge is to closeon 17th June 2021 at 5:06 pm
JOBS at the Argos Extra store in Trowbridge could be lost after its owner J Sainsbury’s announced that it is to close later this year.
- Chapmanslade family launch desperate appeal for missing Springer Spaniel Alfieon 17th June 2021 at 4:34 pm
A WEST Wiltshire family have issued a desperate appeal to find their missing family pet.
- Corsham man admits twice attacking pregnant partneron 17th June 2021 at 12:35 pm
A Wiltshire man who twice attacked his pregnant partner dramatically changed his plea when he appeared at Swindon Magistrates Court today.
- Energy company urges council to approve waste incinerator planson 17th June 2021 at 11:51 am
NORTHACRE Renewable Energy has urged Wiltshire Council to decide its application to change the technology for its energy from waste incinerator at Westbury.
- Mayor's keen to get Aldi in Bradford on Avonon 17th June 2021 at 10:39 am
THE Mayor of Bradford on Avon has contacted discount supermarket chain Aldi about its plans to open a new store in the town.